How Conveyor Sortation Systems WorkConveyor sortation systems are developed to deliver reliable services to the production and manufacturing industries. They are split into several sections that work together to offer an efficient and dependable production. A conveyor sortation system comes in several types, including the loop sortation and the linear sortation.
In-Line Sorters/Linear Sortation SystemsIn-line sorters, or linear sortation systems, can sort the parcels and other loads in a straight line. These more convention sortation systems for conveyors will induct a certain product at a particular end, then move it in the same line with other products. The parcels will then be split or diverted to one side or both of them. The splitting of the parcel will depend on the category, which can be automated from the control unit.
Circle Sorters/Loop Sortation SystemCircle sorters, also known as loop sortation systems, can be set to operate with a small radius size, which helps to maximize the space needed. Circle conveyor sorters entail a set of cells that are combined on a single track. With these systems, the product is introduced into the cells automatically or manually. They will be introduced from anywhere along the conveyor sortation system.
The identification of the products is made through scanning, or it can be linked to an individual induction station. This system is used by many distribution companies. When associated inventory and the cells reach the point of diversion, the mechanism of diversion is activated. This will then send the stock to the designated location.
These two sorter conveyor systems are the common ones used in many manufacturing and distribution companies. With the linear sortation system, they can be driven by a belt or a chain, but they will have diverted mechanisms that are incorporated or mounted to the sortation system.
Benefits of Conveyor Sortation Systems
- They protect the quality of the product. The products are handled by an automated sortation system, which is gentle on them.
- They maximize the workspace. Such systems like the looping sortation systems can have an adjusted radius curve that helps to maximize the size.
- They are versatile. The system can handle different types of product that range in size, shape, and category. This means that they will sort even items with irregular shapes or one with extra weight.
- Minimizes the maintenance. The conveyor sortation system entails less moving parts, and there is a single driver for each sorter.
- The sortation can be automated. Instead of manually sorting out parcels that belong to a certain category, the sortation system can be automated to sort the items mechanically.
The production level has also increased, meaning that the system is a great asset in the industry. The maintenance and workload are reduced as well. With this, the delivery of the products is improved, and there is a limited margin for error. Since the items are handled gently with the sophisticated system, it implies that they will be less wastage and more precision in production.